Topics belong to one or more of the following areas:
• Data management
• Deep Learning
• Mathematical Modelling
• Novel Tools and Algorithms
Detailed description of the available doctoral projects can be found here.
Research will be conducted in topical clusters at one of the research centers of the partner institutes in the capital region:
• Alfred-Wegener-Institute for Marine and Polar Research (AWI)
• Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY)
• Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin (HZB)
• Max-Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC)
in cooperation with the participating university institutions:
• Freie Universität Berlin (FU)
• Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU)
• Technische Universität Berlin (TU)
• Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin
If you enjoy working in an interdisciplinary environment, producing cutting-edge research, come and join our international community in Berlin, Germany!
• Cutting-edge research in big data science under close supervision of a team of scientific mentor and co-mentor and a PhD committee
• 4 years fully-funded fellowships
• Integrated training curriculum of scientific and professional skills taught in English
• Financial support for conferences and collaborations
• Institutions thatvalue diversity and promote an inclusive work environment
To apply, a master's degree in quantitative sciences (computer science, physics, statistics or mathematics) or related applied field (bio- or geoinformatics etc.), awarded by Summer 2019, is required.
Apply by March 8, 2019 via the online HEIBRiDS application portal
Please submit your CV, academic record, contacts of 2 referees, and research statement referring to one or two of the available doctoral projects.
Successful candidates will start their PhD between July and October 2019.