The Future-IoT PhD School celebrates its 5th anniversary this year and invites you to the Einstein Center Digital Future with the theme "IoT meets Autonomy". From August 29 to September 2, 2022 exciting challenges, keynotes, PhD pitches, networking, sightseeing and more. Applications are still open until July 15, 2022, and can be handed in //here.
This year's edition of the PhD School is themed "IoT meets Autonomy." Many of the computer systems around us operate autonomously, running without human intervention, adapting to their environment, or even evolving with mechanisms like machine learning. Implementing such capabilities can be challenging. These challenges are not only technical, but also ethical, societal, legal, etc. In this year's issue, we will explore different forms of autonomy using IoT as a use case. Topics include data analytics, machine learning, IoT protocols, self and cybersecurity, among others.
The PhD School is organized by TU IMT Atlantique, TU Munich, TU Berlin, Institut Mines Télécom with partners* Siemens, AWS, our university partners, the Franco-German Academy for the Industry of the Future and the Université Franco-Allemande / Franco-German University.
About the Future-IoT.org PhD School Series
The Future-IoT.org Ph.D. series has been held once a year since 2018. It was created by Marc-Oliver Pahl (then TU Munich, now IMT Atlantique) and Nicolas Montavont (IMT Atlantique). In 2022, Sebastian Steinhorst (TUM) joined the organization.
Future-IoT.org connects science and industry. Therefore, the series collaborates with leading industrial partners from France and Germany, including Airbus, ArianeGroup, Atos, AWS, elm.leblanc, Siemens and several other industrial partners.
The Future IoT Summer School offers an exciting mix of lectures, hands-on exercises and hackathon challenges. There is also plenty of room to get to know each other, network, and explore our host city!
- 40 students from around the world on site, connecting with each other and working on real challenges
- ~60 online participants
- Live streaming via YouTube and LinkedIN
- ~11 Keynotes and presentations by top experts from industry and academia.
- ~10 exciting challenges that you will work on in teams of 4, coming directly from our industry partners in our Startup Hackathon.
- 1 Icebreaker session with your PhD pitch opening a great networking event.
- 1 Hacking night with games and pizza.
- 1 Pitch event in front of our expert jury on Friday with prizes!
- Direct contact with key people from participating companies.
- A unique location with excellent food.
- Several social events to get to know all participants and our host city.
- and much more!